Harmonia is accepting new members for the 2019-2020 season!
Now entering its fifth season, Harmonia is Sirens’ premiere educational program for girls between the ages of 11-18. Have fun, make new friends, and discover the joys of singing in a group – Harmonia is a community where girls can feel safe to find their voices through music. Focus is placed on strong vocal technique, musicianship, and music theory, all while having fun, of course! Harmonia is under the direction of Kelsea McLean, with pianist Andrea Ellis, both experienced music educators.
“Harmonia is my favourite activity any of my kids have ever taken. My daughter is always singing! She loves the girls in the choir. She loves Kelsea and Andrea. She is learning so much. The concerts are wonderful. My wife and I thank our stars every day that the Sirens have developed this educational service aspect to their choir. She will return, 100%. Her little sister can’t wait to be a Harmonia girl, too.” – Harmonia parent, 2017-present
- Location – Park Royal United Church, Charlottetown (11 Christie Drive);
- Rehearsals are Tuesday evenings, 6:15-8:15pm, from September 10, 2019 to May 18, 2020
- Harmonia performs two concert programs each season: a winter performance on December 14, and a spring performance on May 23;
- Harmonia contributes music to Sunday morning services at Park Royal twice per season;
- New this year, singers will participate in 2 singer retreats focusing on musicianship and ensemble bonding;
- Additional performances may be included in the schedule pending availability and value of experience for singers;
- As part of the Sirens family, singers have the opportunity to attend Sirens concerts for free;
- Singers will receive specialized vocal training within a gendered choir context, specializing in specific training for the girl’s developing voice;
- Registration for the year is $125
- No child will be excluded from participation due to financial reasons; please reach out to us directly with any questions you may have
- Community Service Bursary are awarded to participating high school students
Please fill out the form below if you would like to enroll your daughter in Harmonia.
Leave a Comment
Reblogged this on .