Are you an experienced musician looking for a challenge? Are you passionate about choral singing? Do you have a keen interest in the choral art form?
Interested singers must be experienced musicians with substantial choral experience. They must possess strong score reading and sight reading skills and must be comfortable singing independently within a small ensemble setting. Members must be able to commit to a demanding rehearsal and performance schedule.
- A degree or diploma focused in Music
- A minimum of 2 years chamber choir or small choral ensemble experience with an ability to sing one-to-a-part
- Advanced musicianship skills; the ability to navigate different styles and languages.
Acceptance into the ensemble is dependent on a successful audition and a commitment to our full season. If enlisted to our substitute roster, the prospective singer should be willing to learn music quickly.
- Perform one piece that showcases range and timbre. Singers should expect to sing a cappella.
- Prepare a selection of standard choral repertoire provided by the Artistic Director.
- Sing with members from our current ensemble.
- Sight-read a passage provided.
- Partake in a brief interview.
For audition inquiries, please contact our Artistic Director Kelsea McLean by completing the form below.