Sirens is a dynamic choral ensemble dedicated to fostering a high-level of choral artistry. Are you an experienced musician looking for a challenge? Are you passionate about choral singing? Do you have a keen interest in the choral art form? Sirens is currently auditioning for its 10th season celebration!
Interested singers must be experienced musicians with substantial choral experience. They must possess strong score reading and sight reading skills and must be comfortable singing independently within a small ensemble setting. We are seeking members that can commit to a demanding rehearsal and performance schedule. Not only are we auditioning for a permanent position, but we are also auditioning for our substitute roster.
- A degree or diploma focused in Music
- A minimum of 2 years chamber choir or small choral ensemble experience with an ability to sing one-to-a-part
- Advanced musicianship skills; the ability to navigate different styles and languages.
Acceptance into the ensemble is dependent on a successful audition and a commitment to our full season. If enlisted to our substitute roster, the prospective singer should be willing to learn music quickly.
- Perform one piece that showcases range and timbre. Singers should expect to sing a cappella.
- Prepare a selection of standard choral repertoire provided by the Artistic Director.
- Sing with members from our current ensemble.
- Sight-read a passage provided.
- Partake in a brief interview.
Please follow the link below to apply to audition; you will be contacted if you are invited to audition. Further inquiries may be sent to our Artistic Director Kelsea McLean.