Harmonia is a choir for girls who love to sing. It provides a safe place where girls can have fun, make new friends, and discover the joys of singing in a group. The ensemble is starting its seventh season and is now accepting new singers.
Sirens Choral Association (SCA) runs Harmonia as its principal educational program. The group will provide meaningful educational opportunities for singers, while maintaining the health and safety protocols recommended by the Chief Public Health Office.
Under the leadership of Kelsea McLean, artistic director, and Andrea Ellis, assistant director and pianist, Harmonia’s programming includes two choirs: Harmonia Junior for girls aged 10-14, and Harmonia Senior for girls aged 14-19.
In past seasons, Harmonia has participated in local music festivals, earning the Community Youth Choir Award in 2017 and 2018 at the Queen’s County Music Festival, and Connie and Bud Ings Award for Youth Choir at the PEI Kiwanis Music Festival in 2018. Harmonia has collaborated with Sirens and the PEI Symphony Orchestra, and has performed at Province House, Music Monday, and PEI Junior Honour Choir events.
- Location: Park Royal United Church, Charlottetown;
- Rehearsals are weekly on Tuesday evenings, 6:30-7:45 PM for Harmonia Junior, and 7:30-9:00 PM for Harmonia Senior, ensembles rehearse together from 7:30-7:45 PM;
- Rehearsals are held in-person, following strict safety protocols; rehearsals will pivot to an online format if restrictions are put in place by the CPHO;
- Regular rehearsals begin on September 21, and will run until April 26;
- Harmonia is planning to produce two concerts this season: Saturday, December 10, 7pm and Saturday, April 30th, 2:30pm;
- Registration for the year is $150, or $75 for one term. There are bursaries available to those families who may find the registration fee a deterrent to participation. CLICK HERE to learn more;
- Community Service Bursary hours are awarded to participating high school students.
Email Kelsea McLean (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register your daughter!